11 April 2014

A trip to Dad's home town...

I had a most enjoyable day with Dave Paull from the NZ Civil Aircraft Blog (http://www.nzcivair.blogspot.co.nz/)checking out Christchurch and Rangiora airports... This was my first plane spotting trip to Rangiora for years and I was amazed at how much the airfield had grown... Dave tells me there are some 120 aircraft on the field... While the weather wasn't much the welcome of the locals was and I was delighted with what I got... All the photos were taken at Rangiora on 11 April 2014

SG Aviation Storm 300 ZK-COW is registered to The Flying Cow Ltd
Awaiting its C of A is Zenair STOL CH750 ZK-EAS which will be based in my home town... Nice to catch up with you Hamish!
This was the first time I had seen Corby CJ 1 Starlet U/L since 1987... The photo below was taken at Omaka on 7 February 1987... check out the difference between the exhausts!  EEZ was the only aircraft I had photographed before

As the weather improved the aircraft started getting pulled out including Way to Go Helicopters' Aerospatiale AS 350BA Squirrel ZK-HKW and Robinson R22 ZK-IWK

Jodel D18 ZK-JPK was out of its hangar.
As were about to drive past Aerowork's PAC Cresco ZK-LTB was pulled out of its hangar...

Another couple of aircraft about to get their C of A,,, Above Alpi Aviation Pioneer 200 ZK-MGK and below Ibis Magic GS-700 ZK-PLC


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Is the Hokitika machine trying to break Eagle Air's run of the ZK-EA block! I guess their next Beech will have to be ZK-EAT!

    ReplyDelete