14 September 2015

Bob Kerr RIP

I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of Bob Kerr in Timaru on the 12th of September 2015.

I got to know Bob during my two stints in Timaru, from 1987 to 1990 and 2000 to 2005. Bob was the one who got me into plane spotting road trips and we did a number of trips around the South Island. I also had many a Sunday lunch invite from Bob and Dorothy before we did a patrol to Timaru airport.

Bob was born and brought up in Christchurch. He worked for the NZ Police in both Christchurch and for many years Timaru. He was a long time member of the Aviation Historical Society of New Zealand with a great collection of NZ aircraft photos as well as being one of the foremost experts on the NZ civil aircraft register. 

Bob is survived by his wife Dorothy.

Rest in peace Bob

Bob stepping into paradise, 25 October 1987



2 comments:

  1. Sad news .met Bob once many years ago .Condolences to his family .
    RIP
    Allan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear. Bob and I used to correspond regularly and trade aircraft negatives, back when email wasn't even a vague idea in someone's mind.

    ReplyDelete