23 June 2013

Restoration of an early airliner - De Havilland Fox Moth ZK-AGM

Over the last couple of weeks I have been in contact with Bruce Broady, an Emirates pilot who is in the process of rebuilding de Havilland DH83 Fox Moth ZK-AGM which featured in the post last Sunday...  http://3rdlevelnz.blogspot.co.nz/2011/04/nacs-greymouth-service.html

Bruce writes...

I am rebuilding AGM and hope to have it flying next year, it has been a long project for various reasons. I hope the wings and tail surfaces will be finished  by the end of the year, we have started to cover them using Irish linen like original, and are planning  on  final assembly next year some time, AGM is in  the UK as I was living there when I first started to rebuild it, and decided to leave it there until it was finished. I intend to bring it back to NZ.
I decided to paint it in a standard DH Fox Moth scheme as the NAC one was not to inspiring and ADI was already in the Orange scheme.
 
I have been at Emirates for over 12 years now, that is one of the reasons the Fox has taken so long to finish.  I am on the Boeing 777 fleet.  I haven’t flown a light aircraft in years so when I get the Fox finished I will have to get lessons to learn to fly again. I am not sure but I may fly the Fox in the UK first before bring it back to NZ, depends on how hard it will be to register it in the UK.
 
 

 
 



 
Many thanks Bruce for these magnificent photos and write up. I'm sure that like me there will be a lot of people looking forward to seeing AGM take to the skies again.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Returned to flight in the UK on 3rd Aug 2015 apparently, GCIPJ
    http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=22913

    ReplyDelete