14 May 2013

My last NZ airport

Today I took a grab-a-seat to Whakatane.... AND SO NOW HAVE FLOWN ON AIR NEW ZEALAND TO ALL AIR NEW ZEALAND'S DOMESTIC PORTS


Ride for the day was Beech 1900 ZK-EAD
Airborne 23, left turn over the Manakau Harbour
Climbing out from Auckland International
South Auckland with Waiheke Island and in the far distance the Coromandel Peninsula

Morning fog in the Firth of Thames trapped between the Hunua Ranges and Coromandel Peninsula

Mount Maunganui
Motiti Island - I couldn't work out where Astrolab Reef was...
A grainy distant shot of White Island bubbling away
On approach to Whakatane... Moutohora Island
The "unique" Whakatane airport terminal
20 minutes later...


Boarding for Auckland.
Need straighten this one - Putauaki, also known as Mount Edgecumbe
Rangitaiki Plains
Matata
Lake Rotorua in the centre with Mounts Tongariro and Ruapehu in the distant left
Tauranga
Omokoroa Beach
The Kaimai Ranges - the Waikato shrouded in fog still... No SPANZ flight to Matamata today Bruce!
Photoshop couldn't enhance this - Taranaki-Mount Egmont wasy in the distance
Wairoa Reservoir, Hunua Ranges
Finals, runway 23 Auckland, with the Manakau Heads in the distance

Now that I've done all the Air NZ airports, what's next on the bucket list??? Maybe all the third level airlines!

4 comments:

  1. Astrolab is just on the upper left hand corner of the picture.

    You can't see much of the Rena now unless you fly directly over it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done every NZ route bar the new PMR-NSN route. I have done all Air Chats, Great Barrier Airlines, SunAir, Fly My Sky, Golden Bay Air and Stewart Island flights routes. Took an while, but worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed Mount Cook, and I doubt they will fly in there again. With the current 3rd levels I have done Great Barrier Airlines, Sunair, Air Napier, Soundsair and air2there. I hope to do Fly My Sky, Air Chathams and Golden Bay Air over the next 12 months year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Air Chathams is expensive for a joyride. I lived out there so it was necessary. It is around $500o/w and you have to overnight on the islands. Golden Bay air was fantastic, first on the list I reckon!!

    ReplyDelete